Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy birthday, dad!


This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad, holding Jimmy when he was only a few days old. Look at that playful grin—he looks just like a kid himself! Today dad turned 59. Don't feel too sorry for him, though; he's already taken an early retirement and is living the good life in Tucson (that is, when he's not cruising around the U.S. and Canada racing his Formula Ford). Dad, I hope you had a great day, and that you got the card we sent. We love you! Oh, and Lo, if you see this before he does, please let him know...

1 comment:

Dory said...

This is a great picture of our Dad. Recently I was showing Gavin's baby album to a friend of mine. I showed her a picture of Dad holding Gavin and she asked who he was. I said that was my dad and she said, "He's so pretty!"
It took a second to register, but I realized that she hadn't had a Dad that was present in her life. I wished at that moment that I could share my Dad with all of my dear friends that weren't so fortunate to have such a kind, compassionate, funny, encouraging father figure. I know so many people that would have benefited emensely from a man half a good as my dad. I realize now, I can share all of that, because those are gifts our Dad gave to us to share with the rest of the world as we go through our lives. Thanks for all you do, Dad! You are a beautiful part of my world!