Monday, February 04, 2008

All of the taste, none of the guilt

Did I mention I gave up sugar again at the beginning of 2008? After Audrey was born, I felt (mistakenly) like I had a get-out-of-jail-free card, and I got a little nuts with the sugar again. I did my obligatory overindulgence around the holidays, and then it hit me: I was ready to climb back on the sugar-free wagon.

I realized even though I'm no longer pregnant and battling g.d., I felt so much better when I wasn't eating sugar, with the added bonuses of losing weight and not having my skin break out. Surprisingly, this time around hasn't been too hard; I've dumped my old friends Ben and Jerry and started hanging around with the Blue Bunny and Skinny Cow again.

On Saturday I was at Super 1 Foods doing my grocery shopping and I noticed Blue Bunny has a new flavor out: No Sugar Added Reduced Fat Cherry Vanilla. I know that sounds like a mouthful, but trust me: it's a delicious mouthful. Just add a bit of Smucker's sugar-free hot fudge on top, and it tastes like those cherry cordials Jim always gets in his stocking for Christmas. Only better.

1 comment:

Super Happy Girl said...

Hmmm. really? We'll have to give it a try :)