Sunday, April 13, 2008

NaPoWriMo #13: reality tv

The prompt at Read Write Poem this week is "speak freely", which has been ironic in its own way as I've struggled to do just that: wrap my brain around the idea, find my own take and articulate what I want to say. Just moments ago I was sitting here at my computer, unsucessfully grappling with how to interpret the prompt and finding it hard to concentrate with Jim watching "DEA" on Spike TV in the background. Ah, the mixed blessing of satellite television: such an immense buffet of quality viewing options and here I am having to try and tune out the constant bleeping in the background. Thanks, honey.

Actually, thanks, honey. Because "DEA" was just the distraction I needed to warp my train of thought into something workable. Bleeping and speaking freely. Go figure.


Reality TV

Never was so much
air wasted on saying so
little of value.

2 comments:

susan said...

ain't that the truth. tell it gurl. lol Thanks for a read.

Crafty Green Poet said...

excellent, well said!