Sunday, January 20, 2008

Calling in sick

My nose is dripping like the leaky faucet in our downstairs bathtub. I feel like I'm breathing under water, and I can't stop sniffling and sneezing. My throat feels like it was shredded. For the last few nights I've been waking up coughing at three in the morning and can't get back to sleep again. I look like death nuked on high for two minutes, then forgotten in the microwave for a few hours.

I'm just grateful my kids already had this and I have a sweet husband who ran to Taco Del Mar and got me fish tacos last night when I was too wiped out to make dinner. Jim, you're my hero.

Can I go back to bed now?

3 comments:

Dory said...

Oh sweetie! I am sorry to hear it. We have Whooping cough going around along with the cold and flu. We've been through the colds this week. Yuk! Keep nurturing yourself. Bless those husbands! I know that Phill is my hero! Love and hugs to you and the family!
xoxoDory

Super Happy Girl said...

oh no! :(
Sorry you are feeling funky. The cold is definitely going around.
Hope you feel better soon :)

aubreyannie said...

oh. yuck. that image of death forgotten in the microwave. bummer, katie. feel better, soon. and taco del mar? is that place good?