Saturday, December 22, 2007

So sneaky

Yesterday we did a last-minute Christmas shopping trip to Yakima and I still couldn't get Jim to give me any ideas for additional presents beyond the two I've already bought and my secret ironing elf duties during this past month. In a moment of exasperation I told him because he had given me so little to work with, I had been reduced to doing his ironing because it was the only thing I could think of to do as a gift.

"Oh, I know about that," he said.

"You what?" Whereupon he confessed to having read my blog (?!), and also that he was just waiting to see if I could hold out and keep from telling him. Which I utterly failed at.

Sneak. Rotten blog-reading-picky-pants-who-also-happens-to-have-bought-me-extra-presents-and-of-course-I-still-love-you-even-though-you-are-a-sneak.

3 comments:

aubreyannie said...

katie, i was wondering that... if he secretly reads your blog. darn him. i feel your pain. especially if he bought you extra gifts!

Super Happy Girl said...

:) He got you good!
:)

I still have only ONE dumb present for my husband.
Every year we tell each other not to buy anything, but it's a big old lie.
Only this year I'm striking out. Help.

chicklegirl said...

One word: coal.