Monday, May 28, 2007

In memorium

On Memorial Day, it is to those servicemen and women in my family, some who have gone before me and some who are living, that my thoughts are gratefully dedicated. I wish I was close enough to where my grandparents are buried that I could leave some flowers on their graves today, but here’s the best way I can think of to honor their memories from where I am.

Thank you and God bless.

Clark Cottrell, Jr. (World War II), maternal grandfather


Dorothy Parker Carle Cottrell (World War II), maternal grandmother


Francis Marion Cottrell (World War II), great-uncle


Richard Doyle Roberts (World War II), paternal grandfather


Ramona Sue Roberts Steele (Iraq War), sister


Dustin Ballard (Iraq War), brother-in-law

Walter Davis Cottrell (World War II), great-uncle
Richard Thomas Roberts (Vietnam War), father
Mark Lawrence Muchnick (Vietnam War), step-father
Jason Steele (Iraq War), brother-in-law


2 comments:

aubrey said...

what a wonderful tribute. you look very similar to your grandma dorothy. she's lovely.

chicklegirl said...

What an amazing compliment--I've always thought she looked like a movie star! I miss her so much. She died the year before I got pregnant with Jimmy.