Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tightwad tips: bucket list


I've posted before about how much I love food-grade buckets and all the wonderful ways to use them--but Jim turned me on to a website that showed me a whole new world of purposes I'd never even imagined.

Trevor van Hemert of Victoria, BC, created a website called Five Gallon Ideas as a project to find solutions to every-day problems using buckets. Just a few include:
  • bass guitar
  • bike panniers
  • child swing
  • composting toilet
  • hydroelectric generator
  • loudspeaker
  • mushroom farm
  • portable cooler
  • rocket stove
  • self-resetting mouse trap
  • spray paint stencil
  • toolbox

    ...and the one Jim emailed me about...
  • washing machine
 [Insert obligatory pun about thinking outside the box, er--bucket--here.]

No comments: